- A Bachelor's degree in the areas of hotel and tourism management, recreation and leisure management, business studies, management, accounting and finance, or other business and management related areas with industry work experience of not less than one year; OR
- A Bachelor's degree in areas other than those listed above, with current or past employment in the hotel and tourism industry for not less than one year; OR
- Equivalent professional qualifications may also be considered.
If the applicant is not a native speaker of English, and the Bachelor's degree or equivalent qualification is awarded by an institution where the medium of instruction is not English, a minimum score of 550 (paper-based) or 213 (computer-based) or 80 (Internet-based) in the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL); or an overall Band Score of at least 6.0 in the International English Language Testing System (IELTS); or Chinese mainland's College English Test (CET) Band 6 is required. Individual cases will be considered on their own merit by the School.
Applicants may be required to attend interviews or tests to further demonstrate their language proficiency.
All applicants should also submit the following documents at http://www.polyu.edu.hk/admission together with their completed application form:
- A self-recommendation letter which includes self- introduction, career aspirations and reasons for seeking to study this programme
- Personal resume (CV)
- One (1) copy of transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- The graduation certificate of your undergraduate degree (you may provide this to us at a later stage if you are currently a final year student)
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from either your employers or universities
- Certificate of service from previous/current employer;